Wednesday 19 September 2012

Fun Enough to Wake The Dead!



Yes! Finally I have purchased The Walking Dead for iOS, and I could not be happier!
Words cannot describe the joy i feel inside; this game is everything I have wanted in a zombie smash-em-up game!

For those not in the know, TWD is a choose-your-own adventure game, with fantastic (and slightly loony) consequences. Naturally as soon as I started playing, I chose the dark and slightly insane path, to see what my future would be.

Never have I had so much fun with such an amazing game. The integral mechanics of your decisions bring forth various relationships and endings, leaving you guessing of who is going to die next. The relationships you build make the game what it is; you can see how people in a zombie apocalypse can become either better or more worse then themselves.

The cinematics, lighting and music only add to this experience. (I also love the option of choosing a weapon when faced with danger, for instance you could choose a) to continue kicking the zombie, b) grab a hammer OR c) smash the door on it.)


The downside (You should know me by now, there is always a downside) is that this game plays in episodes. As in, episode 1 all the way to 5. Yes, and you MUST pay for these extra episodes. How much? Only about as much as paying for the game! Yep, I know. Kind of pricey. Also, the game is very sensitive to fingers, so using the look-around button can be difficult and irritating when you are about to become a zombie meal.

"Where's my screwdriver?" "It's buried at the moment...."

In my opinion, this app is rewriting what a good iOS game should feel like. The graphics are sharper, the buttons are well adjusted with the screen, and the producers have left nothing out like the original PC version.

My rating: 9/10 for playability, 8/10 for graphics and 9/10 for being an amzing zombie game! :D

Get this game, it's worth the price and the scares!


ZED

No comments:

Post a Comment